How to get there
By Main Rail Lines
There are two main train stations in Dublin: Connolly & Heuston.
You can connect to the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit) directly from Connolly station to Ballsbridge (Sandymount DART Station).
You can connect to the Luas directly at Heuston station and transfer to the DART at Connolly station to Ballsbridge (Sandymount DART Station).
By Local Rail Lines
Located in close proximity to the RDS is the DART line. The closest DART station to the RDS is Sandymount. Directions on foot from the Sandymount Dart Station:
- Follow the Exit signs and turn right onto Sandymount Avenue
- Continue until you reach the traffic lights (Bewleys and the Four Seasons Hotel will be directly in front of you)
- For the RDS Main Complex then turn right onto Merrion Road and the Main Complex is situated on the left hand side (Merrion Road).
- For the Simmonscourt Complex continue straight ahead from the traffic lights at the crossroads, passing Bewleys on your left: the Simmonscourt Complex is on the left hand side after the office buildings
Travel by Road
From City Centre
Outside Trinity College, take Nassau Street (N11) for about 150 metres then turn right following the signposts for the R118. Follow the R118 (also known as Mount Street which becomes Merrion Road) for approximately 2km. The RDS Main Complex will be situated on the right hand side.
To go to the Simmonscourt Complex continue along the Merrion Road and turn right into Simmonscourt Road. The RDS Simmonscourt Complex is situated on the left hand side after the two office buildings.
- Leave the Airport and follow the Way Out signs until you reach a signalled roundabout.
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit signposted Dublin to join Motorway M1 Airport Interchange.
- Junction3 (M50): follow signpost towards City Centre
- End of the Motorway, follow the N1
- At the junction with Griffith Avenue turn left at traffic lights R102 signposted Malahide, Howth.
- Junction with R107, at the traffic lights turn right R107
- At the T Junction turn right R105
- At traffic lights turn left R131 signposted Dublin Port, Dun Laoghaire
- At the junction with Alfie Byrne Road go through the traffic lights
- At the junction for Dublin Port turn right at the traffic lights
- Passing The O2 (J79) at the roundabout follow the signposts for Dun Laoghaire Via Toll Bridge and proceed across the River Liffey
- Go through the East Link Toll Bridge (car €1.70) Junction 80 (Dublin Outer Orbital Route)
- At the roundabout take the third exit signposted N11, N81 Irishtown (Junction 81)
- Turn right then and turn immediately left at the traffic signals into Londonbridge Road R111 (Signposted N11, N81) Junction 51 (R815) at traffic signals turn left R815, signposted Ballsbridge.
- Proceed through the next traffic lights and the RDS is situated on your right.
Taxi From Airport
Taxis are available at the Taxi rank outside Arrivals. Expect to pay between €30 and €40.
Travel by Road
The RDS is serviced by bus routes number 4,7,8 and 18 (Directly) which stop outside the Main Hall Entrance to the RDS on the Merrion Road. These bus services can be availed of on Nassau Street outside Trinity College. Routes numbers 46a,145 (Walking Distance)
Show Opening Times
Friday 7th September 10am – 4pm
Saturday 8th September 10am – 4pm
D04 AK83 (eircode)